Join Top Knowledge Healthcare Institute’s PCT training program and be on your way to becoming a PCT!
What is a Patient Care Technician (PCT)?
In the state of Maryland, a PCT is a certified nursing assistant (CNA) who has received training on how to perform advance skills such as tracheostomy care/suctioning, venipuncture (phlebotomy), IV insertion/removal, urinary catheter insertion/removal, EKGs and more.
How can I get certified as a PCT?
To get certified as a PCT, the first step is earning your CNA certification. In the state of Maryland, all PCTs are CNAs. Upon completion of the CNA certification program, one would enroll in Top Knowledge’s PCT program.
What will I learn in the PCT program?
Along with lecture, students enrolled in the PCT training program are taught practical hands-on skills too. Students enrolled in our PCT program will learn how to:
- Perform glucose monitoring
- Setup a sterile field
- Perform sterile wound dressing changes
- Perform urinary catheterization and removal
- Discontinue intravenous (IV) catheters
- Remove nasogastric (NG) tubes
- Perform electrocardiograms (ECGs or EKGs)
- Perform venipuncture (blood draws)
Where can I work as a PCT?
PCTs can work in many healthcare settings. These settings include hospitals, dialysis centers and urgent care centers. In these settings, PCTs can works as a:
- Patient Care Technician (PCT)
- Multifunctional Technician (MFT)
- Nurse Support Technician (NST)
- Dialysis Technician
PCT Program Enrollment Requirements
- Complete our enrollment application in person
- Provide proof of a Maryland CNA certification
- Bring your photo ID
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Bring your $100.00 registration fee. Payments can be made by credit card (VISA, Mastercard, and American Express), cashier check or money order.
- Pass the CNA admission test
Daytime Patient Care Technician (PCT) Training Class Schedule
- 6 weeks in duration
- Class hours: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 9 am-2:30 pm
|Daytime Program |
|August 17||September 24|
Evening Patient Care Technician (PCT) Training Class Schedule
|Evening Program |
|August 10||September 17|
Patient Care Technician (PCT) Training Program Costs
- 6 weeks in duration
- Class hours: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 4 pm-9:30 pm
|Registration Fee||$ 100.00|
|Textbook, Workbook and Supplies||$ 95.00|
Course & Program Payment Plans
|$595.00||First Day of Class|
To learn more about enrolling in Top Knowledge Healthcare Institute’s Patient Care Technician (PCT) training program, contact us today.