Join Top Knowledge Healthcare Institute’s PCT training program and be on your way to becoming a PCT!
What is a Patient Care Technician (PCT)?
In the state of Maryland, a PCT is a certified nursing assistant (CNA) who has received training on how to perform advance skills such as urinary catheter insertion/removal, EKGs, venipuncture (phlebotomy), IV removal, and more.
How can I get certified as a PCT?
To get certified as a PCT, the first step is earning your CNA certification. In the state of Maryland, all PCTs are CNAs. Upon completion of the CNA certification program, one would enroll in Top Knowledge’s PCT program.
What will I learn in the PCT program?
Along with lecture, students enrolled in the PCT training program are taught practical hands-on skills too. Students enrolled in our PCT program will learn how to:
- Perform glucose checks on live individuals
- Setup a sterile field
- Perform sterile wound dressing changes
- Perform urinary catheterization and removal
- Discontinue intravenous (IV) catheters
- Perform electrocardiograms (ECGs or EKGs) on live individuals
- Perform venipuncture (blood draws) on live individuals
Where can I work as a PCT?
PCTs can work in many healthcare settings. These settings include hospitals, dialysis centers and urgent care centers. In these settings, PCTs can works as a:
- Patient Care Technician (PCT)
- Multifunctional Technician (MFT)
- Nurse Support Technician (NST)
- Dialysis Technician
PCT Program Enrollment Requirements
- Provide proof of a Maryland CNA certification
- Bring your photo ID
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Pay the $100.00 registration fee. Payments can be made by VISA or Mastercard.
Patient Care Technician (PCT) Training Daytime Class Schedule
- 6 weeks in duration
- Class hours: Monday from 9 am-1 pm (Zoom) and Wednesday from 9 am-4 pm
- Class Dates: October 18-November 24
Patient Care Technician (PCT) Training Weekend Class Schedule
- 6 weeks in duration
- Class hours: Thursday from 5 pm-9 pm and Saturday from 9 am-4 pm
- Class Dates: October 13-November 20
|See schedule above||See schedule above|
Patient Care Technician (PCT) Training Program Costs
|Registration Fee||$ 100.00|
|Tuition||$1,500.00 ($300 off for Fall Special)|
|Textbook, Workbook and Supplies||$ 95.00|
|Grand Total||$1,695.00 ($300 off for Fall Special)|
Course & Program Payment Plans
|$595.00||First Day of Class|
To learn more about enrolling in Top Knowledge Healthcare Institute’s Patient Care Technician (PCT) training program, contact us today.