Pharmacy Technician Training Program
The 300-clock hour pharmacy technician training program is approved by the Maryland Higher Education Commission and the Maryland Board of Pharmacy. It is composed of theory, laboratory and clinical components. The program is 12 weeks in duration and can only be completed in the morning or evening. Upon program completion the graduate will be eligible to become registered as a pharmacy technician in the state of Maryland and also to sit for the national Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE).
What will I learn in the Pharmacy Technician Program?
Pharmacy Technician students enrolled in our program are taught:
- Pharmacy Law and Ethics
- Medications and Drug Classifications
- Pharmacy Calculations
- Prescription Processing and Preparation
- Non-sterile and Sterile Drug Compounding
Where can I work as a Pharmacy Technician?
Pharmacy Technicians work under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist. Pharmacy Technicians can work in hospitals, retail pharmacies, long-term care pharmacies, mail-order pharmacies and for managed care organizations.
Enrollment Requirements for Pharmacy Technician Training Program
Registration Requirements 1 – 5 have to be met by the time of registration. Remaining requirements have to be met by the first day of class.
- Complete our enrollment application.
- Eligible students can receive a $500 Jack F. Tolbert Grant. Click on the link to apply https://tkhci.com/scholarships/.
- Bring your photo ID and your social security card.
- Bring your $100.00 registration fee. Payments can be made by credit card (VISA, Mastercard, and American Express), cashier check or money order.
- Bring your high school diploma or GED.
- Score a minimum of 250 on the math (quantitative) section of the Wonderlic Basic Skills Test.
- Proof of a current health physical examination within 9 months of the enrollment date. Click here for the school physical form.
- Acceptable background check and clear drug screen.
Pharmacy Technician Training Program Class Schedule
- 12 weeks in duration
- Includes 7 weeks of classroom and 5 weeks of clinical
- Class hours: Monday-Thursday from 9 am-2 pm or 4:30 pm-9:30 pm
- Clinical hours: Varies
Upcoming Pharmacy Technician training program class schedule
|Daytime Program Start Date||Daytime Program End Date|
|Evening Program Start Date||Evening Program End Date|
Pharmacy Technician Training Program Program Costs
|Grand Total||$2, 300.00|
|Registration Fee||$ 100.00|
|PTCE National Certification (Included In Tuition)||Free|
|$600.00||First Day of Class|
|Grand Total||$2, 300.00|
To learn more about enrolling in Top Knowledge Healthcare Institute’s Pharmacy Technician training program, contact us today.