Pharmacy Technician Training Program
The 300-clock hour pharmacy technician training program is approved by the Maryland Higher Education Commission and the Maryland Board of Pharmacy. It is composed of theory, laboratory and clinical components. The program is 11 weeks in duration and can only be completed in the morning or evening. Upon program completion the graduate will be eligible to become registered as a pharmacy technician in the state of Maryland and also to sit for the national Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE).
What will I learn in the Pharmacy Technician Program?
Pharmacy Technician students enrolled in our program are taught:
- Pharmacy Law and Ethics
- Medications and Drug Classifications
- Pharmacy Calculations
- Prescription Processing and Preparation
- Non-sterile and Sterile Drug Compounding
Where can I work as a Pharmacy Technician?
Pharmacy Technicians work under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist. Pharmacy Technicians can work in hospitals, retail pharmacies, long-term care pharmacies, mail-order pharmacies and for managed care organizations.
Eligible students can receive a $500 Jack F. Tolbert Grant. Click on the link to apply https://tkhci.com/scholarships/.
Registration Requirements (Due at registration)
- Walkin to register on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10 am-2 pm or make an appointment for a different time.
- Complete our enrollment application in person.
- Bring your Photo ID and SS card or Tax ID number.
- Bring your High school diploma, transcript or GED.
- Pay the $100.00 registration fee. We accept VISA, Mastercard, or money orders.
- Score a minimum of 250 on the Math section of the Wonderlic Basic Skills Test.
- Proof of a Tuberculosis skin test or Chest X-Ray performed within 9 months of start date.
- Acceptable background check and clear drug screen.
Pharmacy Technician Training Program Class Schedule
- 11 weeks in duration
- Includes 7 weeks of classroom and 4 weeks of clinical
- Class hours: Monday-Thursday from 9 am-2 pm or 5 pm-10 pm. This portion of the program will occur online with a live instructor.
- Clinical hours: Varies. This portion of the program will occur face-to-face in a pharmacy setting.
Upcoming Pharmacy Technician training program class schedule
|Daytime Program Start Date||Daytime Program End Date|
|April 12||June 25|
|Evening Program Start Date||Evening Program End Date|
|March 8||May 21|
Pharmacy Technician Training Program Program Costs
|Registration Fee||$ 100.00|
|PTCE National Certification Exam (Included In Tuition)||Free|
|Grand Total||$1, 995.00 or *$1,495.00
*Eligible students may receive a $500 Jack F. Tolbert Grant https://tkhci.com/scholarships/.
|$495.00||First Day of Class|
To learn more about enrolling in Top Knowledge Healthcare Institute’s Pharmacy Technician training program, contact us today.