Comprehensive CNA/GNA Training Program
Students enrolled in the certified nursing assistant/geriatric nursing assistant (CNA/GNA) certification program can complete this course in as little as 4 weeks! Our CNA/GNA certification program meets all federal and state training requirements. This course prepares students to function in the role of a nursing assistant under the supervision of a registered nurse (RN) or licensed practical nurse (LPN). This course is also designed to meet the curriculum requirements set forth by the Maryland Board of Nursing and Maryland Higher Education Commission.
The CNA/GNA certification program is 115 hours in length. It is divided into a theory, laboratory and clinical component. The theory component consists of 40 hours, the laboratory component is 35 hours and the clinical component is 40 hours.
This part of the CNA/GNA course is designed to provide students with the necessary knowledge needed to perform basic patient care services for patients and residents under the supervision of a licensed nurse. Students enrolled in the CNA/GNA certification program are taught principles of hygiene and grooming, basic anatomy and physiology, nutrition, medical terminology, principles of toileting, principles of infection control, communication techniques, measuring of vital signs, and other topics.
Along with lecture, students enrolled in the CNA/GNA certification program are taught practical hands-on skills. To ensure our students have mastered these skills, the school has doubled the minimum required hours from 16 hours to 35 hours. This has helped boost the confidence of our students and has empowered them to become the best CNA/GNA possible. Some of the practical skills learned in the CNA/GNA certification program include:
- Transferring, ambulating, positioning and moving patients
- Measuring vital signs and weight
- Performing personal hygiene and grooming
- Hand washing
- Bed making
Students enrolled in the CNA/GNA certification program are required to complete a 40-hour clinical externship. This 40-hour clinical externship will occur in a long-term care facility in the Baltimore area and is affiliated with the school. During this clinical externship you will gain hands-on practical experience under the guidance and supervision of a registered nurse.
Daytime CNA/GNA Program Class Schedule
- 4 weeks in duration
- Includes 3 weeks of classroom and 1 week of clinical
- Class hours: Monday-Friday from 9 am – 2:30 pm
- Clinical hours: Monday-Friday from 7 am – 3:30 pm
|Daytime Program |
|April 20||May 15|
|May 11||June 5|
Evening CNA/GNA Program Class Schedule
- 5 weeks in duration
- Includes 4 weeks of classroom and 1 week of clinical
- Class hours: Monday-Thursday from 5 pm-10 pm
- Clinical hours: Monday-Friday from 3 pm-11:30 pm
|May 11||June 12|
|May 26||June 26|
Evening/Weekend CNA/GNA Program Class Schedule
- 6 weeks in duration
- Includes 4 weeks of classroom and 2 weeks of clinical
- Class hours: Thursday from 6 pm-10 pm, Saturday and Sunday from 9 am to 4 pm
- Clinical hours: Saturday and Sunday from 7 am to 3 pm
|Evening/Weekend Program Start Dates||Evening/Weekend Program End Dates|
|April 16||May 24|
- Complete enrollment application
- Photo ID and SS card or Tax ID number
- High school diploma, transcript, GED or pass the Wonderlic Basic English Test
- Pay the $100.00 registration fee. Payments can be made by VISA, Mastercard, American Express or money order.
School Health Requirements
- Proof of a current health physical examination within 9 months of the enrollment date. Click here for the school physical form.
- Immunization records or blood titers for Hepatitis B or a signed waiver form Click here for the Hepatitis B waiver form.
- Tuberculosis skin PPD test or Chest X-Ray within 6 months
- Acceptable background check.
- CPR certification from American Heart Association or American Red Cross. A CPR class will be offered during the course of the program and the cost is $60.00.
CNA/GNA Program Tuition and Fees
|Registration Fee||$ 100.00|
|Textbook and Workbook||$ 50.00|
|$395.00||First Day of Class|
To learn more about Top Knowledge Healthcare Institute’s CNA/GNA certification training program, contact us today.