GNA Certification Training Program
At Top Knowledge Healthcare Institute, we’re proud to offer a GNA training program that can be a convenient option for CNAs who wish to gain their GNA certification. Please note that you need a Maryland CNA license to register for the GNA Certification Training program.
Who Should Enroll?
The GNA training program is offered to students 18 years and older who have an active Certified Nursing Assistant license in good standing with the Maryland Board of Nursing. It is ideal for those who have already taken the standard CNA training program, who have either not passed the GNA exam or who did not take the GNA exam within 12 months of graduating from a CNA training program.
In the state of Maryland, the GNA certification is required for persons wanting to work in long-term facilities also called nursing homes and also for those looking to work on rehabilitation units in a hospital. Also, earning your GNA certification can allow you to earn your CNA certification in other states without retaking the CNA class in that state.
The GNA program is a 75-hour program. The GNA program is comprised of three components: theory, laboratory, and clinical. In this program, the theory portion is 17.5 hours, the laboratory portion is 20 hours, and the clinical component is 37.5 hours. It is a 3-week course that teaches students the basic nursing skills they need to pass the GNA certification exam. Students enrolled in the GNA program are taught basic nursing skills that include hygiene, grooming, nutrition, toileting, principles of infection control, communication techniques, taking of vital signs, and how to safely lift, position and move patients.
During the last week of the program, students will complete a 37.5-hour clinical in a licensed nursing home under the direction supervision of a registered nurse.
Why Choose Top Knowledge Healthcare Institute?
At Top Knowledge Healthcare Institute, we’re proud of our participants’ pass rate –our GNA certification exam pass rate is above 90%! Our graduates have a high likelihood of passing their GNA exam on their first try.
Additionally, the GNA certification program is a great way to save a bit of money if you just need a refresher on the concepts that will be tested on the GNA certification program. On average, students can save at least $600 by choosing this program.
Enrollment Requirements for the GNA Certification Training Program
Registration Requirements 1 – 4 have to be met by the time of registration. Remaining requirements have to be met by the first day of class.
- Active Certified Nursing Assistant license in good standing with the MBON.
- Bring your photo ID and your social security card.
- Complete our enrollment application in person.
- Bring your $50.00 registration fee. Payments can be made by credit card (VISA, Mastercard, and American Express), cashier check or money order.
- CPR Certification.
- Acceptable background check. The background check will be performed by the school.
- Proof of Hepatitis B vaccine or signed waiver form. Click here for the Hepatitis B waiver form.
- Proof of a current health physical examination within 9 months of the enrollment date. Click here for the school physical form.
- TB Skin Test within 9 months or Chest X-Ray within 24 months.
Please note that you need a Maryland CNA license to register for the GNA Certification Training program.
GNA Certification Training Program Class Schedule
- 3 weeks in duration
- Includes 2 weeks of classroom and 1 week of clinical
- Class hours: Monday-Thursday from 9 am-2:30 pm or 5 pm-10 pm
- Clinical hours: Monday-Friday from 7 am to 3 pm or 3 pm-11 pm
|Morning Program Start Date||Morning Program End Date|
|November 18||December 10|
|Evening Program Start Date||Evening Program End Date|
GNA Certification Training Program Costs
Grand Total $695.00
Registration Fee $50.00
GNA Certification Training Payment Plan
|$345.00||First Day of Class|
To learn more about enrolling in Top Knowledge Healthcare Institute’s GNA certification training program, contact us today.