GNA Certification Training Program
At Top Knowledge Healthcare Institute, we’re proud to offer a GNA training program that can be a convenient option for CNAs who wish to gain their GNA certification. Please note that you need a Maryland CNA license to register for the GNA Refresher program.
Who Should Enroll?
The GNA refresher program is offered to students 18 years and older who have an active Certified Nursing Assistant license in good standing with the Maryland Board of Nursing. It is ideal for those who have already taken the standard CNA training program, who have either not passed the GNA exam or who did not take the GNA exam within 12 months of graduating from a CNA training program.
In the state of Maryland, the GNA certification is required for persons wanting to work in long-term facilities also called nursing homes and also for those looking to work on rehabilitation units in a hospital. Also, earning your GNA certification can allow you to earn your CNA certification in other states without retaking the CNA class in that state.
The GNA refresher program is a 75-hour program. The GNA program is comprised of three components: theory, laboratory, and clinical. It is a 3- week course that teaches students the basic nursing skills they need to pass the GNA certification exam. Students enrolled in the GNA refresher program are taught basic nursing skills that include hygiene, grooming, nutrition, toileting, principles of infection control, communication techniques, taking of vital signs, and how to safely lift, position and move patients.
During the last portion of the program, students will complete a 37.5-hour clinical in a licensed nursing home under the direction supervision of a registered nurse.
- Active CNA certification in good standing with MBON.
- Complete enrollment application
- Photo ID and SS card or Tax ID number
- Pay the $50.00 registration fee. Payments can be made by VISA, Mastercard, American Express or money order.
School Health Requirements
- Proof of a current health physical examination within 9 months of the enrollment date. Click here for the school physical form.
- Immunization records or blood titers for Hepatitis B or a signed waiver form Click here for the Hepatitis B waiver form.
- Tuberculosis skin PPD test or Chest X-Ray within 6 months
- Acceptable background check. The background check will be performed by the school.
- CPR certification from American Heart Association or American Red Cross. A CPR class will be offered during the course of the program and the cost is $60.00.
Evening GNA Program Class Schedule
- 3 weeks in duration
- Includes 2 weeks of classroom and 1 week of clinical
- Class hours: Monday-Thursday from 5 pm to 10 pm
- Clinical hours: Monday-Friday from 3 pm to 11 pm
|Evening Program Start Date||Evening Program End Date|
|June 1||June 19|
|July 6||July 24|
GNA Program Tuition and Fees
Grand Total $695.00
Registration Fee $50.00
|$345.00||First Day of Class|
To learn more about enrolling in Top Knowledge Healthcare Institute’s GNA certification training program, contact us today.