GNA Certification Training Program
At Top Knowledge Healthcare Institute, we’re proud to offer a GNA training program that can be a convenient option for CNAs who wish to gain their GNA certification. Please note that you need a Maryland CNA license to register for the GNA Refresher program.
Who Should Enroll?
The GNA refresher program is offered to students 18 years and older who have an active Certified Nursing Assistant license in good standing with the Maryland Board of Nursing. It is ideal for those who have already taken the standard CNA training program, who have either not passed the GNA exam or who did not take the GNA exam within 12 months of graduating from a CNA training program.
In the state of Maryland, the GNA certification is required for persons wanting to work in long-term facilities also called nursing homes and also for those looking to work on rehabilitation units in a hospital. Also, earning your GNA certification can allow you to earn your CNA certification in other states without retaking the CNA class in that state.
The GNA refresher program is a 75-hour program. The GNA program is comprised of three components: theory, laboratory, and clinical. It is a 3- week course that teaches students the basic nursing skills they need to pass the GNA certification exam. Students enrolled in the GNA refresher program are taught basic nursing skills that include hygiene, grooming, nutrition, toileting, principles of infection control, communication techniques, taking of vital signs, and how to safely lift, position and move patients.
During the last portion of the program, students will complete a 37.5-hour clinical in a licensed nursing home under the direction supervision of a registered nurse.
Why Choose Top Knowledge Healthcare Institute?
At Top Knowledge Healthcare Institute, we’re proud of our participants’ pass rate –our GNA certification exam pass rate is above 90%!
Additionally, the GNA refresher program is a great way to save a bit of money if you just need a refresher on the concepts that will be tested on the GNA certification program.
Enrollment Requirements for the GNA Certification Training Program
Registration Requirements 1 – 4 have to be met by the time of registration. Remaining requirements have to be met by the first day of class.
- Active Certified Nursing Assistant license in good standing with the MBON.
- Bring your photo ID and your social security card.
- Complete our enrollment application in person.
- Bring your $50.00 registration fee. Payments can be made by credit card (VISA, Mastercard, and American Express), cashier check or money order.
- CPR Certification.
- Acceptable background check. The background check will be performed by the school.
- Proof of Hepatitis B vaccine or signed waiver form. Click here for the Hepatitis B waiver form.
- Proof of a current health physical examination within 9 months of the enrollment date. Click here for the school physical form.
- TB Skin Test within 9 months or Chest X-Ray within 24 months.
Please note that you need a Maryland CNA license to register for the GNA Certification Training program.
GNA Certification Program Schedule
- 3 weeks in duration
- Includes 2 weeks of classroom and 1 week of clinical
- Class hours: Monday-Thursday from 9 am-2:30 pm
- Clinical hours: Monday-Friday from 7 am to 3 pm
|Morning Program Start Date||Morning Program End Date|
|February 17||March 6|
- 3.5 weeks in duration
- Includes 2 weeks of classroom and 1.5 weeks of clinical
- Class hours: Thursday from 5:30 pm-10 pm and Saturday and Sunday from 9 am-3 pm
- Clinical hours: Thursday from 3 pm to 11 pm and Saturday and Sunday from 7 am to 3 pm
|Evening/Weekend Program Start Date||Evening Program End Date|
|February 20||March 15|
GNA Certification Program Costs
Grand Total $695.00
Registration Fee $50.00
|$345.00||First Day of Class|
To learn more about enrolling in Top Knowledge Healthcare Institute’s GNA certification training program, contact us today.