Looking for Phlebotomy Classes in Montgomery County, MD
Considering enrolling in phlebotomy training courses in Montgomery County, Maryland? There are certain things to keep in mind.
What Exactly Is Phlebotomy?
The first thing to understand is precisely what phlebotomy is and what it entails. Phlebotomy is a practice involving the removal of blood from the body or the veins. This extracted blood is then used for the purpose of donation, medical testing, or other potential clinical uses.
The people who perform phlebotomy procedures are nurses, doctors, or specialized medical technicians such as phlebotomists specifically trained in this area.
Top Knowledge Healthcare will soon be offering MA classes in Montgomery County. Reach out to us if you’re considering a career as a Medical assistant (MA)! Sign up below to get more information.
What to Expect in Phlebotomy Courses
During a phlebotomy training course in Montgomery County, you’ll learn all of the aspects you need to learn to become a successful phlebotomist. Whether you’re planning on working in a laboratory, hospital, clinic, or blood donation center, you’ll learn what you need to know for any environment.
Some of the things you can expect to learn include:
- Blood Collection Procedures – This is vital to the everyday duties of phlebotomists. Procedures you learn will include venipuncture techniques for various patients, including newborns, children, and seniors.
- Lab Safety Practices – Learn about the different lab equipment and proper cleaning processes.
- Point-of-Care Testing and Special Collections – Gain familiarity with unique and specific collection processes for blood and other bodily fluids.
- Blood and Cell Make-Up – In your course, you’ll learn how infection affects both cells and blood and how to prevent any potential issues when drawing blood.
- Physiology and Anatomy – Get a complete understanding of the core physiology and anatomy involved in phlebotomy especially the vascular system.
- Medical Terminology – Learn the specific vocabulary used in phlebotomy, including technical and scientific terms.
How Long Does Phlebotomy Training Take?
Phlebotomy training program and course durations will depend on the type of program in which you’re enrolled. Programs can range anywhere from a few weeks to a few months.
Where to Find Phlebotomy Classes in Montgomery County
If you’re trying to find the best phlebotomy class in Montgomery County, MD, you’ll be able to get the training you need here at Top Knowledge Healthcare Institute. We can help you get the training and certification you need within 6-8 weeks.
To learn more about our phlebotomy training program, simply contact us and we’ll provide you with all of the information you need to get started. We’ll be opening new course offerings in Montgomery County soon!