Central Bureau Scholarship
This scholarship is available to students interested in obtaining a non-degree certificate (example: certified nursing assistant) from an approved private career school. You must submit an application electronically at http://www.central-scholarship.org/how-to-apply/application-eligibility-instructions/.
Please be aware that applying 6-8 weeks before your desired start date is highly recommended. On average, it may take 6-8 weeks for your application to be processed. Also note, every student who applies will not be granted a scholarship. Students are chosen from a pool of applicants. Bear in mind the scholarship is not awarded by Top Knowledge Healthcare Institute, so all questions must be directed to Central Bureau Scholarship. Below is their contact information:
Central Bureau Scholarship
6 Park Center Court, Suite 211
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Phone Number: 410-415-5558
- Must be a Maryland resident with at least a 2.0 GPA
- Must be a U.S citizen or permanent resident
- You must be planning on attending an approved private career school
Jack F. Tolbert Memorial Student Grant Program
The Jack F. Tolbert Memorial Student Grant Program is for students who plan to attend a private career school accredited by the Maryland Higher Education Commission. Students must be enrolled in a program that requires them to attend class at least 18 clock hours per week. The award amount of the Tolbert Grant may be up to $500. These awards are made on the basis of need, as demonstrated by the applicants FAFSA. Students interested in the Jack F. Tolbert Memorial Student Grant Program for Spring 2017 must complete the 2016-2017 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by May 1st, 2017. Not all eligible students who apply will be given an award due to program funding limitations.
- You and your parents (if you are a dependent) must be Maryland residents.
- You must complete the 2016-2017 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application form available online at www.fafsa.ed.gov by May 1st, 2017. Please enter 002061 as the school code when completing the FAFSA application. Print out the Student Aid Report (SAR) from the FAFSA website and bring it with you at the time of registration by May 1st, 2017.
- You must enroll in a Top Knowledge Healthcare Institute program that requires you to attend class at least 18 clock hours per week.
- You must complete a Jack F. Tolbert Grant program application. Application can be found here.
Please Note: The award amount may be up to $500.00. These awards are made on the basis of need, so not all eligible students will be awarded because of funding limitations. Also, awards may be renewed one time. Students who have been awarded will be notified by May 8th, 2017.