This scholarship is available to students interested in obtaining a non-degree certificate (example: certified nursing assistant) from an approved private career school. You must submit an application electronically via the Central Scholarship website. To apply, click here.
Please be aware that applying 6-8 weeks before your desired start date is highly recommended. On average, it may take 6-8 weeks for your application to be processed. Please note the scholarship is not awarded by Top Knowledge Healthcare Institute, so all questions must be directed to Central Scholarship. Below is their contact information:
6 Park Center Court, Suite 211
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Phone Number: 410-415-5558
- High Diploma or G.E.D.
- Maryland Resident
- Adjusted gross income of $66,000 or less
Scholarship Application Tips:
- Submit scholarship application 6-8 weeks before desired start date if possible.
- Take the scholarship process seriously by taking your time to read and follow the directions listed in the application.
- Answer the questions truthfully.
- Proofread your responses prior to submission, paying close attention to grammatical errors.
- After application submission, please check your email frequently for correspondence.
Jack F. Tolbert Memorial Student Grant Program
The Jack F. Tolbert Memorial Student Grant Program is for students who plan to attend a private career school accredited by the Maryland Higher Education Commission. Students must be enrolled in a program that requires them to attend class at least 18 clock hours per week. The award amount of the Tolbert Grant may be up to $500. These awards are made on the basis of need, as demonstrated by the applicants FAFSA. Students interested in the Jack F. Tolbert Memorial Student Grant Program for Spring 2018 must complete the 2017-2018 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 1st, 2018. Not all eligible students who apply will be given an award due to program funding limitations.
- You and your parents (if you are a dependent) must be Maryland residents.
- You must complete the 2017-2018 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application form available online at www.fafsa.ed.gov by March 1st, 2018. Please enter 002061 as the school code when completing the FAFSA application. Print out the Student Aid Report (SAR) from the FAFSA website and bring it with you at the time of registration by March 1st, 2018.
- You must enroll in a Top Knowledge Healthcare Institute program that requires you to attend class at least 18 clock hours per week.
- You must complete a Jack F. Tolbert Grant program application for 2017-2018. Application can completed at the time of registration.
Please Note: The award amount may be up to $500.00. These awards are made on the basis of need, so not all eligible students will be awarded because of funding limitations. Also, awards may be renewed one time. Students who have been awarded will be notified by April 1st, 2018.