GNA Certification Training Program
At Top Knowledge Healthcare Institute, we’re proud to offer a GNA training program that can be a convenient option for CNAs who wish to gain their GNA certification.
Who Should Enroll?
The GNA training program is offered to students 18 years and older who have an active Certified Nursing Assistant license in good standing with the Maryland Board of Nursing. It is ideal for those who have already taken the standard CNA training program, who have either not passed the GNA exam or who did not take the GNA exam within 12 months of graduating from a CNA training program.
In the state of Maryland, the GNA certification is required for persons wanting to work in long-term facilities also called nursing homes and also for those looking to work on rehabilitation units in a hospital. Also, earning your GNA certification can allow you to earn your CNA certification in other states without retaking the CNA class in that state.
Course Components of the GNA Program
Similarly to the CNA/GNA program, the GNA program is comprised of three components: theory, laboratory, and clinical. In this program, the theory portion is 17.5 hours, the laboratory portion is 20 hours, and the clinical component is 37.5 hours. It is a three-week course that teaches students the basic nursing skills they need to pass the GNA certification exam, including:
- Principles of infection control
- Communication techniques
- Taking of vital signs
- How to safely lift, move, and position patients.
Why Choose Top Knowledge Healthcare Institute?
At Top Knowledge Healthcare Institute, we’re proud of our participants’ pass rate –our GNA certification exam pass rate is above 95%! Our graduates have a high likelihood of passing their GNA exam on the first try.
Additionally, the GNA certification program is a great way to save a bit of money if you just need a refresher on the concepts that will be tested on the GNA certification program. On average, students can save at least $600 by choosing this program.
Enrollment Requirements for the GNA Certification Training Program
Registration Requirements 1 – 4 have to be met by the time of registration. Remaining requirements have to be met by the first day of class.
- Active Certified Nursing Assistant license in good standing with the MBON
- Bring your photo ID and your social security card
- Complete our enrollment application. You can also download, print and complete enrollment application. Please bring the application with you at the time of registration
- Bring your $50.00 registration fee. Payments can be made by credit card (VISA, Mastercard, and American Express), cashier check or money order.
- Proof of Hepatitis B vaccine or signed waiver form. Click here for the Hepatitis B waiver form.
- Proof of a current health physical examination and PPD (Tuberculosis) test within 9 months of the enrollment date. Click here for the school physical form.
Please note that you need a CNA license to register for the GNA Certification Training program.
GNA Certification Training Program Class Schedule
- 3 weeks in duration
- Includes 2 weeks of classroom and 1 week of clinical
- Class hours: Monday-Thursday from 5 pm-10:30 pm. *Please note: Class will meet Wednesday-Friday from 5 pm to 10:30 pm during the first week of the program.
- Clinical hours: Monday-Thursday from 3:30 pm-11:30 pm
Upcoming GNA certification training program class schedule
|Evening Program Start Date||Evening Program End Date|
|October 17||November 7|
|November 28||December 20|
GNA Certification Training Program Costs
Grand Total $695.00
Registration Fee $50.00
GNA Certification Training Payment Plan
|$345.00||First Day of Class|
Students can park for FREE at 210 St. Paul Place parking garage. In order to take advantage of the FREE parking at 210 St. Paul Place parking garage, students must obtain parking coupons from Top Knowledge Healthcare Institute.
To learn more about enrolling in Top Knowledge Healthcare Institute’s GNA certification training program, contact us today.